High School Students
Earn your 40 hours and discovery your passion, or maybe even your future career!
Volunteering your time isn’t just about earning your 40 hours for your high school diploma. It’s also about feeling the personal satisfaction of helping the animals, learning new skills and gaining work experience, and enhancing your self-confidence. Volunteering is also about choosing opportunities that provide you with unique experiences that you can’t get from a paid position.
Animal Aid has 2 different types of volunteer opportunities for high school students:
- Volunteer at an Animal Aid event
- Volunteer your time by running your own fundraiser at school with your friends and donating the proceeds to Animal Aid
Ready to volunteer?
Opportunities for students to volunteer at events will be posted on the Peel Schools site. No events are currently scheduled.
Interested in running your own fundraiser? Contact us for guidance, marketing & promotion help, and admin support.
Here are some ideas:
- Have a breakfast fundraiser or a pizza lunch fundraiser and donate the proceeds
- Hold your own book sale and donate proceeds
- Organize a 50/50 draw
- Get donations of products and services from local businesses in your community and raffle off the prizes to your colleagues or peers
- Have an “ugly sweater day” contest and donate proceeds
- Donate money raised through casual Fridays or dress-down days