Our city streets are home to hundreds of unwanted cats. And thousands of unwanted cats and dogs are sitting in shelters right across the province, waiting to be adopted.
Animal overpopulation caused by puppy mills and by pets that are left un-spayed and un-neutered has reached crisis levels. Young, healthy animals are being confined to cages or being euthanized simply because there are not enough homes for them all.
Make a difference. Get involved.
There are many ways to help the animals. Making a direct donation to Animal Aid Foundation is one way to help. And we always need volunteers to help make our events and fundraisers happen.
We also need community support. Consider attending our events or participating in our fundraisers.
Here are other ways you can help:
- Spay and Neuter Your Pets. One un-spayed female cat and its offspring can produce 420,000 cats in only seven years. And in just under seven years one un-spayed female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 dogs. Be part of the solution. Spay and neuter your pets.
- Adopt A Rescue Animal. Adopt your pets from a community rescue group or a city-run shelter. Do not “buy” an animal from a pet store. If there is no demand for pet store animals, breeders will stop over-breeding them for financial gain.
- Support our Fundraising Events:
- Donate your old vehicle to Animal Aid for a tax receipt
- Check if your employer has a Matching Gift Program